I’m willing to supervise in any of my areas of research interest. Please do drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to discuss potential PhD projects.
At the moment I am advertising two PhD studentships to work within my new ERC project Group Thinking: new foundations. Closing date is 23rd January 2019.
Completed supervision (stars indicate primary supervisor):
- Stephan Kraemer. PhD 2011. “Second-Order Quantification and Ontological Commitment”. (Principle Investigator of the Emmy Noether Relevance project, Hamburg. Previously lecturer in Glasgow and postdoc in Hamburg. This thesis won the Wolfgang-Stegmüller-Preis)
- *Mirja Holst. PhD 2012. “Ordering semantics for incomplete descriptions”.
(Lecturer at the American University Viet Nam. Previously DAAD award at the University of Hamburg and research associate at the University of Aachen.)
- *Alex Oldemeier. PhD 2012. “The epistemology of abstraction”.
(AHRC award, 2009-11. Jacobsen fellow, 2011-12.)
- *Thomas Brouwer. PhD 2015. PhD on the metaphysical commitments of logic. (Jacobsen fellow, 2012-13. Postdoc on the Metaphysical basis of Logic, Aberdeen, 2013-15. Now Research Development Assistant and Postdoc, Leeds.).
- *Laura Crosilla. PhD 2017. PhD on the philosophy of constructive mathematics. (Currently lecturer in philosophy, Birmingham).
- *Nick Tasker. PhD 2017 (Currently stipendiary lecturer at Hertford College Oxford, Jacobsen fellow 2016-17, ERC Nature of Representation studentship holder.)
- *Will Gamester. PhD 2017 (Currently British Academy postdoc, Leeds. Previously Jacobsen fellow 2016-17, ERC Nature of Representation studentship holder.)
- *Gary Mullen. PhD 2018 (Wrocah award 2014-17, Aristotelian Society bursary 2017-18).
- Fabio Ceravolo. PhD 2018. On naturalistic mereology.
- Josh Matthews. PhD 2018. On the experimental philosophy of vagueness.
- Miriam Bowen 2017- On self-referential probabilities.
- Alex Domoslawski 2018- On semantic plasticity
- Alec Siantonas 2018- On charity.