Current drafts (at various stages of completion, from good-to-go, to sketches/handouts):
Indeterminacy (etc) and belief (etc):
- Incomplete fictions
- Classical indeterminacy
- A non-pragmatic dominance argument for conditionalization
- Inconceivable indeterminacy (in preparation).
Conditionals and related issues
- Counterfactual desire as belief
- Tenable conditionals
- Suppositions, revisions and decisions (with Daniel Elstein)
Foundations of semantics
- Normative reference magnets
- State vs. stage interpretationism (in preparation).
- Source intentionality (in preparation).
- What we talk about when we talk about talking about. (in preparation).
- The grain and ground of doxastic space (in preparation).
No longer in progress:
- Reference magnets (this is a over-long paper from which the shorter piece on Lewis on eligibility and reference was drawn. The non-overlapping material is going to be developed in another format.)
- Medicinal supertasks, Bernadete cases, and the principle of sufficient reason
- Aristotelian indeterminacy and the open future (the material has been developed in other places, e.g. “Classical indeterminacy”)
- Indeterminate Survival (this material has now been developed as “Decision-making under indeterminacy)
- Emergence, Supervenience and Indeterminacy (no longer in progress)
- On Sider on naturalness (no longer in progress)
- Counterepistemic conditionals and probability (no longer in progress)
Slides from talks—often early versions of papers:
- Hermeneutic Platonism. (from 2006, written for a workshop on neoFregeanism)
- Semantics for nihilists (from 2007—very initial stages for what turned into “Fundamental and derivative truths”)
- Fundamental and derivative truths (focusing on metasemantics) (2007)—for a workshop in Oslo, a snapshot of the paper of the same name.
- Vagueness in the world (2009—draws on material from “A theory of metaphysical indeterminacy)
- A graphical guide to “Gradational accuracy and non-classical semantics”. (2009)—presented in various papers, a pictoral guide to Joyce’s accuracy-domination theorem, in the context of discussing non-classical variants.
- Decisions and Suppositions. (Presenting part of the Elstein joint paper).
- Tenable conditionals. (For a talk in London in 2010).
- Comments on Fine’s “An abstract characterization of the determinate/determinable distinction”. (for a workshop in Oxford in 2011)
- Counterfactual triviality. (For a talk in Rutgers, for the paper of the same name).
- Intrinsic Survival. (For a logic and metaphysics talk in London in 2009(?) early version of what became “Part intrinsicality”)
- The cognitive role of indeterminacy. (2009: a talk I was giving in several places in different versions, including ANU and Barcelona. It fissioned into various papers, including “Indeterminacy and normative silence”).
- Reference magnetism. (2011, For talks in St Andrews and London. Basically presents the material in “Lewis on reference and eligibility).
- The metaphysics of radical interpretation. (2009, For a talk at a Manchester conference on fictionalism. Develops one of the chapters of my thesis that hasn’t seen the light of day as a paper yet.).
- Decision making under indeterminacy. (2011, For the Formal Epistemology Workshop. This summarizes the part of the paper of the same name that doesn’t overlap “indeterminate survival: by degrees”.
- Comments on Schiffer on Vagueness. (For a workshop on Schiffer at Humboldt University, Berlin).